Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 2 of braces!

So far, so good! I've had very little pain and no ulcers but it's still early days. My front 2 teeth in particular are quite tender so I've found it uncomfortable to eat but so long as the bottom teeth don't touch the top, it's really not too bad. I've found that the trick is to chomp on your back molars with your mouth open, although this isn't really an option when you're eating out! 

It's going to be hard for me to avoid coloured food as I love cooking and eating, and I'm Italian so passata and espresso are a big part of my diet! I'm normally a dark chocolate kind of girl, but I'm trying to grow to love white chocolate as it's one of the only treats I can eat with these braces and it just dissolves on the tongue, which is handy! My dentist has asked me to go back for a tightening in 3 weeks' time so he said I can eat whatever I want the night before - ragu here I come!

Today was the first day I've been to work since I got the braces and I have to say, I have felt really self-conscious, particularly as the reaction of some of my colleagues wasn't great. I think they show a lot more than it seems in the photos, but here is what they look like today: 


Luckily, my boyfriend thinks they look fine but at the moment, I'm hiding myself away as much as possible. Tomorrow will be the first time my students see them and I'm not looking forward to it at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment