Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Second tightening - 6 weeks in!

Just returned from the second tightening - I wasn't expecting any pain this time as everything was straight forward on the last visit but I found the process quite uncomfortable. I had the 'eyelet' taken off my upper right tooth with a nutcracker-like device which felt like it was going to pull the tooth out, and replaced with a full-size bracket. I also had a new power band out on the front two teeth which pulled the tiny remaining gap closed almost immediately. You might not be able to see from the photograph but there are now quite large gaps on either side of my front teeth. Although it doesn't look very nice, it's actually a good thing as this space is going to be used to build up the two smaller teeth to make them more uniform. 

The great news is, my dentist thinks that I will be able to have the braces off at my next appointment  - almost 4 months early! I'm really excited about this as it means I only have about 2 teaching weeks left with them on.

Anyway, here they are: 


1 comment:

  1. Having your braces off is, I think, one of the best news someone on braces could get from their dentist. And I can see that this is the case with you too! Well, who could blame you? Though braces are made to correct misaligned teeth and give better oral health, the liberty of being able to eat any food you like without worrying about your brackets is such a nice feeling! I'm guessing your braces are off by now? Congratulations!
    Agripina @ Smiles of Cary

    ReplyDelete